Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Vendetta Nation - 5 Star Review

For me, the Enigma Black series is an addiction.  It is a story that I don't want to end and cannot get enough of.  I first read Enigma Black earlier this year and waited (quite impatiently) for Vendetta Nation so I could see where Sarah Furlong Burr would take us next.  Boy, she did NOT disappoint!

Picking up right where we left off in Enigma Black, Vendetta Nation continues the roller coaster journey of Celaine and her new partner Ian in their quest for the Man in Black.  They know that they are working for President Brooks since his administration is the source of the Epicenter's funding.  But do loyalties towards Brooks run even deeper from others within the Epicenter ranks?  Just who is the mysterious and dangerous Man in Black? And why is he so interested in Celaine?  Yes, we find out the answers to all of these questions.  But don't go thinking that we get all the answers with a nice little bow on top.  Oh no... we just get more questions.  Can we say holy cliffhanger, Batman?  I seriously cannot wait for the next installment!

I'm a huge fan of dystopians anyways, but adding a little superhero into the mix takes it to the next level.  Plus I love Burr's writing style!  With this one book I swooned over Ian, laughed, cried, cheered, and more!

1 comment: